Monday 17 December 2012

my Brinchang experience

Remember my entry about going to Cameron Highland (read here)? Alhamdulillah, safely gone (and had fun there!) and now safely back in KL.

We stayed for 3D2N in Heritage Hotel. My review? Well, let's just say some things are just not worth mentioning. Conclusion - not recommended.

I must admit that I am a 'penakut' person. When my colleague asked if I wanted a room with a forest view, I immediately declined. But look at the view from our room.. erk.. very inspiring :D No aircond since it was cold enough. But no fan (?). It got a little stuffy after few hours under the blanket.
Let me just tell the most exciting part of the trip. The rest were the usual stuff - presentations, discussions, Q&As. Trip to Mount Brinchang! But first, 'Best of Highlands' (BOH) tea plantation in Sungai Palas.


On our way up. Travel in style tu... in Land Rover :D If you think this road is narrow enough, wait until you travel further up. You'll have a bukit on one side and a curam on the other. Some stretch are without 'penghadang jalan'


After stopping a while at the foot of BOH Tea Plantation (hearing a short brief and loads of poses!), went to BOH's factory and later to its TEA Ria where we had tea and scones. The machinery in the tea factory dated way back to 1935 and still running good! It is in fact a very 'humble' looking factory.  That's Mr. K Achutan by the way. The Manager. 


View from TEA Ria. Breathtaking. Very fresh. Albeit cold. Spot the daisies atop the roof.

Had tea 'in style' :P I didn't know ordering tea can be as complicated as ordering coffee from Starbucks or San Francisco! We had 4 types (4 of us) of tea and 2 scones. Ahhhh... the very the inggeris okeh :P One of us had teh tarik. True, the taste is tad bit different. Little fresher and taste more 'leafy' I think.

After stuffing ourselves and visited the washroom (airnya sangat sejuk!), off to our next stop.. Mount Brinchang.

 

It got more colder and cloudier as we got higher up. It was raining. The road is narrower (and slippery) *gasp* It was a 'winding' experience hence we couldn't see any Land Rover in front. Neither we could see any car trailing from behind. As if we were the only ones there. For few moments, I even had doubts :P Nevertheless, we later arrived safely at the peak of Mount Brinchang - 6666f or 2031m above sea level.

I just had to sms Tebby on my whereabouts. When I came back to KL he asked if I was really sending from top of Mount Brinchang. Yang, kalau tak boleh sms, I donno la, look what we have there a transmission tower! On its right is a 3-storey viewing tower.

Durian Fest! A truckload of them. At 2031m above sea level, ha ha. Thanks to all the GMs for belanja-ing we alls. Since I can't have much back home (Tebby and the kids dislike the smell of it), I had quite a bit of them. And later that night, sakit perut kembung penuh dengan angin (combination of teh and durian)

Me! Luckily I have accumulated a bit of fat here and there after being married and pregnancies. After Durian Fest, we proceeded to Mossy Forest, 2000m above sea level.


Subhanallah! Beautiful.. with that ray of light. Moss everywhere. We board-walked from end to end. By the time we were nearing the exit, it started to rain. We basically got wet (but sempat posing dulu before balik) and shivered our way back to hotel.

It was beautiful experience. Close to nature. Seeing Allah's creation up close and personal.

Went home on Saturday. A bad bad congestion from Heritage to Tanah Rata. It took us about 2 hours inching the 20km stretches. Pit stopped at 3 places for little shopping and more tea at Bharat Tea Plantations and later at R&R Tapah for prayers and toilet break. Arrived to the arms of loved ones in KL at 8.30pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment