Made this few days back. Walnut Raisin Loaf. Original recipe at delia online. Substituted wholemeal flour with bread flour and walnut oil with olive oil. Wholemeal flour tu pernah la nampak kat kedai. Walnut oil tak pernah nampak pulak. But both memang takde kat rumah so make do je lah with whatever yang ada.
1. 6gm dried yeast
2. 2 tbsp brown sugar
3. 200ml warm water
4. 1/2 tsp salt
5. 1 tbsp olive oil
6. 300gm flour
7. 1/2 cup walnut
8. 1/2 cup raisin
- Add sugar to warm water. Pour yeast and stir. Leave for 5 minutes until the mixture bubbles.
- Mix flour with yeast+sugar+water mixture.
- Add salt and oil.
- Knead for about 5-10 minutes, until the dough does not stick to the bowl
- Add walnut and raisin to the dough and knead until well-mixed.
- Knead into your preferred shape and let it proof for about 1/2 hour or until dough doubles its size
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 160d, api atas bawah with fan.
- Leave to cool before slicing
- I knead using a mixer
- I put the dough in loaf pan and left to proof for 1/2 hour.