Friday 10 January 2014

bekal - pizza sandwich


'2014 Cost Saving Initiatives' kick-off!

Walk the Talk bak kata orang ni. Well, I am walking other people's talk and I sincerely hope they do the same :-)

I normally prepare two sets of bekal i.e one for kids to bring to school/kindy and another one for kids to munch at taska. Now tambah lagi satu set, bekal for me and Tebby for breakfast. I can safely say we have saved around RM40 this week. True that it takes more of my morning me-time but the satisfaction is overwhelming :-)

The key-word is 'plan'. Sama jugak macam buat Business Plan kat ofis kan. You need to know your objectives, set your strategy and initiatives in order to achieve the objectives and list out the resources needed. Kalau bangun pagi bukak peti ais baru fikir nak buat bekal apa... kelam kabut juga. Saya la tu, orang lain mungkin tidak. Unless I wake up at 4:00 or 4:30 la.. which I don't anyway.

Semalam plan nak buatkan Pizza-Sandwich for kids. Last night Tebby helped me assemble lebanese flat-bread with pasta sauce, sauteed beef and cheese. Kept it in the fridge and this morning I just heat up the oven and toast it. At the same time goreng ayam. While those are cooking (about 10-15 minutes), don you telekung and do your Subuh prayer. I am sure we women and mothers can multiskill. That's one strength Allah Bestowed upon us ladies. Isn't standing under shower while brushing teeth sound familiar? Or breastfeeding baby while spooning lunch to your other child.

For the Pizza-Sandwich, I used 2 sheets of lebanese flat-bread. Actually cari Missions's totilla wraps tapi tak ketemu. Lebanese flat-bread that I bought is smaller than totilla bread, hence hasilnya kecik cukup-cukup je for the kids bekal.

I am excited to plan ahead for next week. Hope I can squeeze sometime this weekend to try make my own sandwich loaf and to re-try doing my puff-pastry thingy, that was horrendous beyond words. The kind you need to eat with closed-eyes. They tasted good (masuk bakul angkat sendiri) but they puffed too much that you can't tell those are tarts without me telling you.


1 comment:

  1. Ayat last tu sgt klakar. Tade share pic kt genglunch kan?

    ReplyDelete