Tuesday 24 March 2015

weekend sewing project - pj bottom

I bought 4 pieces of 2-meters fabric back in 2012 for Kakak's PJ bottom. The yellow kitty pj bottom was sewn right the next day while the other 3 had to wait yearsss before they finally see the sun again, and in wearable form :-) 

 photo taken in 2012.
yang putih stripes and plain grey masih bertapa dalam laci
 
 gunting Singer tu sedappp sangat buat menggunting kain. sila beli.

I made another 3 last weekend, of course in bigger size coz the little girl is now 14, standing almost as tall as me. But they weren't as loose as I want them be. I used the old pattern I made last year without adjusting a bit.

Here's grey-autumn, blue-leopard and pinky-stripes.
 
 
Thank you to cikgu-cikgu who taught me the basics of sewing during my secondary school, kelas SRT. Though later in life, I learnt how to 'menderhaka' ilmu SRT, I really appreciate jasa baik cikgu-cikgu. Coz to get things started, we all have to have the right basics.

And to my mother, Mok, who indirectly started the fire burning - my interest in needle and thread. I often witnesses she sewed clothes during her younger days. She wouldn't let me come near the scissors tho.


 

2 comments: