Thursday 27 September 2012

stairs & staircase part 1

Staircase is one of the subjects we discussed in length. Original plan was to keep the hand-rail but to change those parquets into timber planks. But changing into timber planks would mean changing the whole flooring upstairs as this extends from upstairs.

Personally I have reservation having open hand-rail like that as guests could actually see our second storey easily. I wanted to wall it up but Tebby had some reservations as that would block that area from natural light. 



Stairs and staircase - then. Metal railing with its top part made of wood. Yang berlonggok tersandar tu are bits and pieces from my wardrobe.



Alas, we settled for this. Walled it up, with three square openings for lights to get through. Of course it will not be as good as before (the natural light) but okaylah I think. Afterall, there will be a lamp there.

We still need to have hand-rail. Now can say lah no need kan, later when sakit lutut already, must have that one la kan nak naik tangga. That one, reuse the one they've pulled out, the wooden part.


Plan to place our TV cabinet along the wall, throw few big cushions on carpet (which I have yet to own *hint*) and voila... resting area. I think this will be our most used area later :D :D Especially the kids and Tebby. I am not so much of a TV-person myself.

So far so good. Alhamdulillah.

4 comments: