Thursday 11 July 2013

cooking a la stress..

Traffic was baaaaaaaddddddd yesterday on 1st Ramadhan.
Dugaan pertama bulan Ramadhan tahun ni.
No, wait. Second dugaan as my alarm set at 4:40 and 4:50 did not went off. Nasib baik I set it at 5:00am for daily wake-up alarm. Later I discovered that I had actually set it up at 4:40pm and 4:50pm and not am! 

I had, earlier on visualizing myself calmly frying marinated beef, do omelette, heating up sup tulang. And later watch TV and do some catching up with the kids while waiting for azan Maghrib. Isn't Ramadhan the best month for us to gather together and have dinner together? Something we do maybe 3-4 times only a week on other months.

But what actually happened was: -

Sampai rumah 7:10 malam. I had just 20 minutes to prepare for iftar. Tebby sent me home first then he was off to fetch the kids @taska. While he was at that, I fried the beef, did omelette and heated up sup tulang. Thanks to my 3-tungku dapur! Did those in style some more! Coz I was still in my crisp black pants, not-so-crisp-anymore white-purple striped pintucked office shirt. Complete with tudung and socks! While those cooking on the stove, set up the table with myriads of pinggan mangkuk. No time to pilih anymore. Tebby nyer request for sirap bandung oso kenot layan, tak sempat! Teh-O panas and Sarsi. Not a good combination but beggars can't be choosers right. Suffice to say while I was still susun-susun makanan atas meja, Tebby and the kids sampai (Iman with a really tired face with slumped shoulder and all :D) and kedengaran lah azan Maghrib.

yup. like that. except that I did not rasa-rasa the taste

Syukran Ya Allah, we could still break our fast with the kids albeit a few minutes delay, and indeed the simple food was more satisfying (and economical) than those of PARAM.

2 comments:

  1. alahai...

    gitulah kak cabaran mak bekerja..kalut nk masak..sib baik ada en tebby nak fetch anak2..

    selamat mejalani ibadah puasa kak...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same to you too Oren & family. semalam ikut jalan lain and alhamdulillah sempat masak dalam keadaan aman damai :D

      Delete