Tuesday 23 July 2013

our spelling bee


Came back from work yesterday to a happy face proudly showing off her trophy.
She said Omar won the first place coz she misspelled one word.

To her it's a winning trophy she can put on display :)

To us it's an effort of her getting out from the comfort of cocoon. She's shy and timid. A total different person from the then bubbly, friendly, talkative baby toddler that she was. When she told us she was registering herself for the contest, we absolutely supported her to go ahead. 


And she won.
You go girl!
We still have spaces for more trophies..


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations girl! I am a stage-fright and a timid person too. I carry too long of this character. But one thing I know for sure, I enjoyed my school days entering quizzes/tournament till up to the national level. Silently, it build up my confidence, but I can never banish the timid and stage-fright character... err... I think because I put high expectations on myself... :-) Or perhaps I just don't like the feeling of getting attention, I will be very happy if people leave me unnoticed :-) hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you Noor! Coz I was one timid person too, perhaps I started to lose those traits only when I started working :D

      I am glad that Kakak volunteers herself these days. Good to see her gains some (hopefully more in future!) self confidence. At times she wants me to speak for her which I slowly declined nowadays. and alhamdulillah, if she really wants something, she speaks for herself. If we object, she justifies :D

      Delete