Monday 8 July 2013

welcoming Ramadan al Kareem



Alhamdulillah. Bertemu Ramadan sekali lagi :-)

Anak-anak dah dimaklumkan sejak 2-3 minggu lepas, hopefully they are mentally prepared to embrace Ramadan. Kakak should be no problem insyaAllah as on normal days pun she doesn't eat a lot. I am a tad bit worried with Iman coz he eats a lots and he also does lots of snacking :P Adam, a little excited to fast, probably he still doesn't know what awaits him but one shall always try right?

As for me, dah practice a bit.. sort of coz I have just finished ganti puasa. Oh ya, I need to get some ubat gastric for Tebby, just in case.

Rasanya last weekend almost all para ibu, especially the working ones, dah sibuk with preparation to usher in Ramadan. To have a menu lined up, at least from Wednesday to Friday. Some may say, beriya-iya sangatlah pasal makanan sampai tak mention amal ibadah. Well, for one thing, preparing iftar for your loved ones is ibadah juga. Plus, meraikan anak-anak yang berpuasa. Dulu waktu anak-anak kecik masih belum mula berpuasa, tak ambik pot sangat pasal makanan berbuka. We could just eat whatever there was. Sahur pun takat minum air masak. Now that my elder two dah puasa, kenalah ease them up to go through the month jugak kan. Our menu pun take a lot of consideration of their appetite inclination :D

We went balik kampung last weekend coz my brother buat tahlil and small makan-makan. Dia masuk rumah baru alhamdulillah and to usher in Ramadhan as well. Sunday morning dah balik ke KL and went straight to Pasar Borong Selangor. Baru ada feel nak beli bahan mentah kalau pegi pasar basah (and the kids dapat main kepala lembu yang dah kena sembelih). Aside from preparing lunch yesterday (ketam berlada atas permintaan Iman and sup tulang feveret Tebby), we also marinated chicken for roasting later, 2 types. Tebby had enough of Mc Cormick so I did the marinade as suggested by few sites. I just couldn't thank Google enough he he.

We now have 2 types of marinated chicken (for roasting), 2 types of marinated sliced beef (for frying) and ikan rebus with garam kasar and asam keping (for frying later). Also stocked up telur masin. Nasib baik I checked our rice bank yesterday, we are in dire need to stock up..

And now we doa banyak-banyak that we can sampai rumah and have enough time to serve fresh homemade meals for our loved ones for iftar. I'll try to keep the take-ways to minimal insyaAllah.

Kalau orang lain dah gantung baju raya dalam almari, I have none. Not for us and not even for the children .. yet. No worries boys, I'll sure buy one suit each. I know Adam is gonna be very sad if he doesn't get one, lengkap with samping and songkok. Iman tak ambik pot sangat pun pasal baju-baju ni as long as ada iPad. And Kakak, she's very much a jeans-and-tshirt person, shrieked with delight when I told her I haven't gotten her any baju kurung yet :P

Anyway, for caffein-lovers..


I have skipped caffeine for few days already (under close supervision of a personal doctor & dietician that is!) Not because to avoid the withdrawal but from recent test, I have quite a serious osteoporosis. I shall story later-later than one. All I can say, at the moment, I have never seen myself so religiously taking calcium tab and drinking anlene!


No comments:

Post a Comment