Tuesday 19 November 2013

dear Kakak..


This, explains result UPSR Kakak and how she, and we feel about it.

I understand to the eyes of a 12yo, this is a big thing, especially when the teachers targeted her to get straight A’s. While she was trying to cope with emotion of not getting what she wanted, I was trying hard myself – to cope seeing her so sad and broken. A senior at work once told me, when children are babies, we are physically exhausted. When they grow up, we are emotionally challenged.

I actually knew her result before she did. I text-ed the sms-system provided. And alhamdulillah, when the reply came, I was calm and composed. I have prayed for the best things for her and insyaAllah this, is the best for her. Of course I wanted her to get what she wanted – 5A’s. Nonetheless, I have taught myself to accept and embrace my children strengths and weaknesses alike. 

Dear Kakak, 

In life, you have to learn how to win but you must know how to accept defeat. Your life journey is way ahead of you from where you are now. There will be many wins and defeats, laughter and cries, happiness and sadness, successes and failures. I want you to embrace your life to the fullest. Sometimes we need to lose so we know the meaning of winning. Sometimes after we cry we appreciate more of the things that make us laugh. At times we will be happier after undergoing sadness. Sometimes we fail many times before we can have a taste the sweetness of success. Sometimes we fall, we hurt but most importantly we must get up and stand again. Those are life lessons what will teach you many things. You will be a strong person. You will be able to get your principles right and stick to those. And you will be able to always stand for your rights. And my utmost hope and prayer is that, for you to be able to stand on your own two feet when we’re gone. 

Dear Kakak, 

My friends convey their congratulations to you. They say do not worry too much about grades at this point. They say value life as a whole, not solely on what is written on the result slip. They say, not getting what you wanted in not the end of everything. Everything ends when you stop striving for the better. They say you have others talents and you must never forget that. 

I totally agree. 
Those are exactly my thoughts as well. 



6 comments:

  1. Semoga both ibu dan anak cool ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alhamdulillah. dia nampak stress 1-2 hari, now dah happy-happy dah :-) kesian.. baru 12 tahun dah stress hehe

      Delete
  2. wah auntie aida yang banjir.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what's written from the heart, may touch the heart.. chewah!

      Delete
  3. sob sob sob....

    dear kakak, all the words from ummi are so true!! happy kakak dah x stress dah. no matter what result u get, life must go on. So learn from the past, xyah nak sedey-sedey ek. More to come, more to face. In Shaa Allah, more success will come to you.....ameen

    ReplyDelete
  4. most likely i'll posting similar entry in 3 yrs ahead. Time tulis mesti banjir. Bila bc ni pon dh sedey huhu

    ReplyDelete