Monday 15 October 2012

changing lanes

Remember Adam's first day at kindy? (read here) And how he demanded for uniforms when they were not ready yet? And we bought white tees and dark blue pants so that his looked similar with Iman's? (read here)

After deliberating for some time, we decided that Adam will be attending another kindy next year for some reasons. Of course this is not an easy decision to make. Kakak and Iman went to the same kindy that Adam currently attends. To say I am not at all satisfied with their services, that would be a lie. My heart melts at hearing Adam correcting Iman reciting surah Al-Quraisy. Or how at times en-route to school Adam suddenly recites Al-Fatihah. Or how just before bed he recites doa tidur. Of course, all these and all those a-b-c, 1-2-3 and red green blue and whatnots. And yesterday he went all nagging like old grandmama over me naikkan suara to Iman while we did some school revision because I really shouldn't be doing that! All the things he learns and picks from school. May Allah Bless the teachers.

But anyway, I noticed they haven't done any outdoor activities this year as planned - field trip, sports day, and the likes. Which prompted us to make the change. They used to have those. I remember cheering during their sports day way back in 2005/2006 where Kakak won several prizes. Or how we beamed with pride seeing her danced during her Ihtifal way back in 2007. Iman didn't get to do all those. But that's probably because of the disorder he used to have. 

I always got sentimental over things :D, in case you hadn't notice.



We both agreed it's Genius Aulad for Adam next year. Mainly because his cousin will be going there as well next year! We sort of had one lesser things to deal with - transportation. My SIL is a graduated house-wife. (she once work for a famous O&G company), she'll be sending his son there and Adam can tag along. You see, Iman (my 2nd) and her first offspring are of same age. Adam is 4 (my 3rd), and so is her second child. (when she got pregnant earlier this year, I was like.. uhh uhh.. need to be extra careful :D) In addition to that, Adam has one confirmed friend already, his cousin! I should post a photo of them together later. How look-alike they are! Same height, same built, same hair cut, similar facial features.

Back to Genius Aulad - curricular-wise - okaylah I think. They have all the basics (reading in both languages, counting, simple math operations, field trips, outdoor activities and most importantly basics to solat, mengaji, hafazan and the likes. We went there last week to register (only 6 seats left!). While we are serious about the kids' formal education but it doesn't mean we want to force things down their throat so they can answer questions on rocket science or do some mental algebra by the age of 6. I used to read about mummies being overly worried when their child can't read. At 6 or 7, yes, I'd also be concerned. But at 3? My principle is - let them enjoy being  children while they are still children. Let classroom education be fun and enjoyable. Oh ya, no homework :P !

We will get monthly report on our child progress via their website. Education progression as well as discipline. Oh ya, the reading thingy - it is based on each child unique individual abilities. Sort of like Peter & Jane series. The child will only progress to the next book once he/she's done with his/her current book. Which is good. I have always believed in good foundations in all things. Reading included.

Anyway, they will also be observing each child in the first month, just in case. And it was a relief when I told the principle about ADHD, she didn't looked confused and in fact we discussed about therapies and all. Having had a son with that, of course I am concerned and we always observe Adam if he has the same traits like Iman did. While I am not not being thankful for what Allah Grants us, we just hope that one episode will remain as the only one. That episode which made us, us. In fact a better us than we used to be.



Back to Adam, when told, that boy was pretty excited of the new school. I showed him Genius Aulad's website and few photos in there. He got even more excited when I told him, he's going with Zahin (his cousin). In fact too excited that he refuses to go to his current kindy the week after!

Well, young man, you'd better be excited for the next 2 years!

Genius Aulad website -> www.geniusaulad.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment