Wednesday 26 June 2013

Shake It! Shake It! It's Shaklee's Meal Shake!

Shaklee Meal Shakes yang dibeli untuk Adam. Bought for RM88 for a canister of 544 gms.Its usual price is RM113. Quite a bit of a steal I'd say. But then again, I am good at justifying my purchases hiks!

Here's what it claims
Hidangan yang lazat, berkhasiat serta mudah disediakan yang pasti digemari oleh seisi keluarga:
•    Sarapan segera yang berkhasiat
•    Lazat, sarapan segera yang mampu dibeli
•    Hidangan segera untuk para atlet
•    Kudapan menarik pada bila-bila masa
•    Hidangan yang ideal, rendah kolestrol, lemak dan sodium

Meal Shakes Shaklee merupakan sumber protein dengan vitamin dan mineral tambahan.  Ia menyediakan jumlah yang seimbang bagi setiap sembilan asid amino yang diperlukan oleh tubuh untuk tumbesaran dan perlindungan yang baik.  Dan lagi, Meal Shakes Shaklee mengandungi semua asid amino asli yang terdapat di dalam protein termasuk yang asid amino perlu dan juga tidak perlu.



Adam, after birth. A healthy baby boy weighing 3.74kg. I thought he'd be a big guy all along. Along the way as he grows up, he has ups and downs pertaining to appetite. Suka makan. Then tak nak makan. Lepas tu suka makan. Lepas tu kurang selera.. Which my other two experienced as well before they finally settled for an eating 'pattern'. So I wasn't really worried. At least until now la.. Now that he is 5 he still has that ups and downs but with more downs than ups. And I began to worry. Kang tak cukup zat pulak cik mat ni sorang ni. When he's undressed, we can see his bones! So kurus. Despite that, he's one active boy.. even dalam report card Genius Aulad pun ada mention that Adam has tremendous energy. Bet that comes from his 2 bottles of Isomil Plus and few snacks. The food surely burnt a lot!


Mula-mula bagi Meal Shake, I bancuh it on its own and letak dalam botol susu dia. Yup, he's still on botol susu for his morning fix and late supper :D After sipping so slowly sampai habis 3/4, he announced he was not taking it anymore sebab tak sedap.

Fine.
Fine?
It's freaking RM88 of course it's not fine -_-

Next, campur dalam susu. Just a teaspoon so that the taste would not be too obvious. He asked the first time, so I lied. I added up absolutely nothing I told him. He bought that idea or at least I thought so. Next round bancuh susu, little that I knew he was sneaking behind and caught me red handed. One hand with a teaspoonful of Meal Shake and in my other hand, his botol susu. I lied and paid for it. I said it was for me and he went staring at me until I put the Meal Shake into my drink. Satisfied, he went away. And I took another teaspoon and off it went into his susu. A mother will do what she has to do right? Lucky thing, he never asked again since. If not, I'll be lying to him 2 times a day and that would be 730 lies a year not inclusive of other white lies! 

So, apa jadi now?
Alhamdulillah, appetite dah bertambah. Makan main meal pun minima half serving of adult's. Dulu, nak dapat 3, 4 suap pun susah. And he's snacking in between as well. Cheese, oats, biscuits, buns, fruits, yoghurts. Pasal kadar keaktifan tu susah nak comment because he is naturally very active.

Other effect? Too soon for me to tell as it's been only two weeks now. Will update later.



1 comment:

  1. Assalam Wati,

    Kalau nak beli lain lain supplement Shaklee boleh beli dengan saya..InsyaAllah harga terbaik untuk kawan2:-)

    Kak Lela CMC

    ReplyDelete