Thursday 17 January 2013

grilled and ironed!


After months flipping the catalogue and drooling over photos over the net, enduring with Tebby's yes and no interchanged from time to time on my proposal of wrought-iron grill, wooden gate and pergola - finally we settled on: -
::   Powder coated metal grill (hurmpp..)
::   Pergola with steel beams and poly-roof (I am hesitant to name it pergola... shouldn't it be wooden?)
::   Wrought iron gate (yesss!) with wood-look-alike material (hurmppp... )


Sesi pemilihan material for gate. D*** heavy this thing, even as samples! Now I understand why wrought iron is expensive :P  And due to that, our gate comes with a railing in fear of the heavy pagar might get senget in future.
Yang, dah lah wrought iron tu berat, kalau you buat kayu, lagi tambah berat.
Kayu kena maintain tau.

Owh well..


Poly roof to choose from. Glass oso got but we dare not! Being me, of course I picked the dullest of them all - brown!

Actually this 'iron-man' is 'kaki' Mazlan The Contractor jugak. He suggested Uncle Wong to us and regret not, his work sangat kemas! Everything I ever imagined the grill, gate and pergola would be. Upon our agreement, Uncle Wong tak ambik deposit pun. What a risk-taker. Takpe, nanti siap you bayar. Or, he must be very rich!


2 weeks later, Uncle Wong and his team (2 mamat bangla yang asik kena marah dek Uncle Wong ini) datang install, starting with grill. It took them 3 trips altogether, second time datang pasang beams for pergola and third pasang poly roof and gate.


Uncle Wong, hard at work. Kerja-kerja drill, pateri (fuhh... berapi-api you!) semua dia buat sendiri. Pekerja dia cuma tolong angkat, pegang, angkut (dan kena marah :P) Seen here dia pasang grill kat pintu belakang. Kami tempah yang half covered punya.



Ahhhh... so me. Brown over brown. Tebby had wanted white but he let me picked the color. He picked the design. Earlier I had wanted wrought iron grill with 'bunga padi' pattern but my proposal was rejected due to complexity of design plus the high cost (am not sure which one carry more weightage :D) As I have told before, I won't play with so much color. If the wooden frame is white, the grill should be white. But the frame is brown, so white has to go. I opted for the closest brown of the frame.


Done. Ideally I would've let the windows bare with no grills, it would've felt so open and airy and vulnerable! But in our boleh-land, realistically, grill is essential.

2 comments:

  1. Salam dear..
    I really admired your windows! After so many hours spent over the net surveying finally I fall in love with your tingkap ;). Would you mind share the cost incurred for the tingkap? I tgh nk survey2 n nak buat budget sikit.. kindly email to me : emilemir@yahoo.com Tq soooooooooooooooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum..I pun suka grill you..simple..bole email to me thr cost and nama contractor. Sama mcm cik paripari. Nak sediakan budget tuk rumah baru..
    appreciate the time. faizahmohdrazali@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete