Wednesday 16 January 2013

mr Mama


Mr Mama ushered in 2013 with a cracked bone and a torn ligament, on his right hand. Had a fall from a free-standing ladder. I was in our rented house and he, in our house next-door. Heard a loud thump, followed by a metal crashing and his cries. I was expecting but hoping not for the worst. When I finally arrived at the scene, I saw his standing holding his right hand in his left. Funny when it felt like so long that I took to get from next door house. When panic strikes, that is exactly how it felt.

Asked Kakak to look after his brothers while waiting for my SIL to arrive. SIL lives just few houses away. When she arrived to the kids, Kakak was crying pools of tears. I was already on my way to Columbia Asia.

Long story cut short, after 2 MRI's, his right hand put in cast and scheduled for physiotherapy 3x a week. Alhamdulillah it doesn't call for operation and healing shall take via natural course. The cast is removable and now he is reduced to only wearing it during bedtime. A self-prescribed method, apparently.

The scene. He put up the ladder on this stair landing. When he was at top-most, the ladder wobbled and gave way. Thank God he did not roll his way down the stairs! Instead fell backwards on the landing.

Deep wound at the stairs railing. The Contractor mend the would, painted it back and it certainly looks like new now.

He's on MC now. And been acting like Mr Mama now. It is nice to be back home after a long day at work to freshly cooked rice and steaming bowl of Daging Goreng Sos Tiram and to see all dried laundry picked and put away in basket. I feel guilty about it, frankly. But let's just savor the moments, shall we? :D

2 comments: