Thursday 15 August 2013

eid 2013


Obviously I am not a light-traveller. These were the things shoved into the car  balik kampung for Eid 2013 :D I have 3 bags of clothes, a bakul of toiletries, a bakul of tidbits and ubat-ubatan, 5 pillows and blankets. Yup, read me right, pillows! Apart from getting that wonderful feeling bau bantal ala-ala kat rumah, my children can have peaceful sleep in the car as well.. with pillows, blankets and all he he.

And I haven't ramble about kuih raya and all. Suffice to say, penuh!

Suasana berkabus otw to Kuala Terengganu. Taken at LPT

My hometown is in Temerloh. I was born there, raised there for the first 12 years of my life. Tebby is from Kuala Terengganu. Want to know the good news? Since we have to pass Temerloh otw to and otw from KL-Kuala Terengganu-KL, we made 2 stops at my kampung :D Sekali ke Kuala Terengganu, sekali lagi ke KL.

Kakak wants to be photograper (among others! she just can't decide!) While the boys slept peacefully at the back, she was happily snapping away..

This year I did not prepare much in the clothes department. After so many years, this is the first Eid that I did not get any baju baju for myself. I have few pairs that are still looking good and new. We got them kids a pair each of baju kurung and baju melayu and few pairs of casual tees, shirts, blouses and pants. But that was about it la. No langsir baru, no kusyen baru. In fact our first curtains lasted for 10 years!

But I made raya cookies! Cranberry & Cornflakes cookies, White Choc Macadamia cookies, PB & Jelly squares and Honey Cornflakes. Not just that, I also baked Pineapple cake and Strawberry Cheese cake. I have never felt so domesticated before he he..



Sampai Tgg at around 12:30 noon. After preparing for iftar, Adam sibuk ajak pegi pantai. We went to ziarah kubur arwah FIL then off to Batu Buruk. Saw 3 boys playing in the water totally naked! They are obviously underage but not so young anymore. Not a very pretty sight. At least pakailah spender dikk!

My boys almost soak themselves too. Iman was too happy to remember that he was fasting. Naik kereta terus tanya what time it was and how many hours more to breaking fast :D Lagi mencabar coz Adam beli sausage roll and iced rootbeer drink from A&W!

... More coming on Eid.. insyaAllah..


No comments:

Post a Comment