Tuesday 20 August 2013

kitty ran, kitty sat, kitty rolled, .. kitty died :'-(

I love cats! I always do and perhaps I will always be.
When I was small, my brothers kept 2 cats - one was named Cicak (due to the color very similar to cicak's color) and the other one Hitam, for apparent reason! Both died and each time I cried my eyes out.

When I was in university, we have this resident cat that stayed in our hostel, which I always fed and she would always came running whenever I came back from classes. When I left university, I left her and I hope someone else had taken good care of her. 

My husband, was an opposite.
Note the tense was?
He has mellowed down as far as keeping cats is concerned.

I even caught him feeding them once in a while :D

Now we have few furry residents at home, but strictly outside. Well, two of them like to sneak in and one has peed and pooped on the carpet! How could I shoo them away when they are so cute? Too cute!

When we got back from Raya break recently, those cuties were at our porch. With big soulful eyes. Ever ready to give you good time playing with them.

Tap on your feet loudly, kitty scramble away in funny way.
Scratch their back, kitty sit.
Scratch their tummy, kitty roll.
Point your camera, I swear I see kitty smile!

But they like to play and stay under my car.
On one fateful day, I started my engine and I saw a kitty ran away. Thinking I had no other passenger.. I drove away.

Perhaps you can already guess what actually happened later :'(

Barely 20 meters, I heard a thumping sound and what I had hoped not to happened, had happened. I looked in the rear mirror, I saw kitty scrambled for his life. He dragged his hind to the roadside, perhaps in unimaginable pain and agony. Then he dragged himself right to the middle of the road on the hot tar and fell. Not moving anymore.

I killed a kitty!
That ran away when I tapped my feet loudly.
That sat when I scratched its back.
That rolled when I scratched its tummy.

I had to asked 2 boys passing by to move it to the roadside. I went and fetched newspapers and a plastic bag. Wrapped kitty and gave it a proper burial in a hole Tebby had dug earlier.

It was totally absolutely unintentional. But still, the guilt haunts me. It still does.
My friends assured me it was not my fault.
But the sight of his mother searching and looking.. *sobs*
And it looked like someone made an effort digging kitty's grave.
Someone with small feet *sobs*


I am so sorry kitty. I truly am.
And mummy cat,  I am so sorry too.




2 comments:

  1. saya pun pernah buat 'jenayah' ni jugak... sedih giler.... nak buat macam mana kan... bukan sengaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KakNi - true. i cried and could not sleep that night. even now, masih terbayang2 insiden tu..

      Delete