Wednesday 21 August 2013

flirt with fotile


Here's dinner last week. Grilled chicken wings, lasagna and salad.

I marinated those wings with McCormick Buffalo Wings. The original flavor is a tad bit too sourish to our liking so I added up some honey and gave it a good rub with olive oil as well. Made 2 large containers of chicken wings. I love make-ahead and keep kind of recipe. Back from work, just heat up the oven, put everything inside and after you're done with shower and prayer, your dinner is ready! And this recipe is one of those.

For the salad, I used red and green oak. First time trial as I've always bought either lettuce or butterhead only before. Oak tastes better! Crunchy and there's a hint to sweetness to it. I sliced some roast lamb and squirted some thousand island dressing and dotted the greens with cherry tomatoes.


Anyway, I baked last night.  I made these beautiful Raspberry Jam Muffins. Partly because I was a little tensed but let's not dwell on that. And partly because my kids' bekal supply dah habis.

Used this recipe as guide and tweaked it to whatever I have in the fridge.

Here's how I did those muffin

Ingredients:
- 75g caster sugar
- 150g multi-purpose flour (original - 100gm)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50ml fresh milk (original - 50ml  plain yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g  butter, melted
- 1/2  cup raspberry jam

Method: 

- Heat the oven to 160°c
- In a bowl, whisk together fresh milk, egg, sugar and vanilla extract. 
- Mix in the butter and fold in the flour until mixed well.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cups until 1/2 - 3/4 filled
- Drop a teaspoon of raspberry jam on top
- Bake for 15 minutes

Initially I followed the original measurement but the mixture turned out to be too runny, hence I added up some more flour. And it is advisable to drop the raspberry jam in the middle, then cover with some more mixture. Mine spilled out as those muffins rose during baking.

Taste-wise - wonderful! Better than those muffins I've baked before. The taste and texture is just right. Not to sweet and not bland either. Not too spongy and not too densed. Just right for the kids' tastebud.

The recipe yields only 10 small muffins.

Tak sia-sia beli oven hari tu :D That Fotile been put to good use (until now laa at least). Such stress-reliever spending sometime flirting around the kitchen. I am a changed person he he. Good news to Tebby. I no longer need to lounge around malls as therapies. Just let me mind the flour, butter, eggs and things-alike, then I'll be okay :D


2 comments:

  1. anak2 bawak ek bekal muffin? anak2 sytakmo pon bawakkk sobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. today, yes! muffin g sekolah and belen kfc dinner semalam bawak gi taska. they eat a lot.. memang kena bawak bekal :D

      Delete