Wednesday 18 September 2013

post UPSR 2013

Kakak with close friends on last day of UPSR

It's been awhile huh? In between my last entry and now, there were moving office, Raya do office-version, UPSR and a short getaway to One World.

Let me bore you with UPSR.

I am a first time mom with child sitting for UPSR. I didn't know I was able to be ever so worried! While the calon slept peacefully in her room, I woke up at 3:00 am tossing and turning not being able to sleep! No wonder I got offended at a friend's remark 'ala, rileks la.. UPSR je pun'. Fine. Your eldest is attending kindy right? And your youngest is still in diaper if I am not mistaken. Yeah sure everyone is entitled to his/her opinion but to convey such remark the night before UPSR, it was so uncalled for. 

I told Kakak to do (and pray) her best. That was her first big exam (she reminded me that I told her the same thing when she sat for her UPKK last year :P) Nevertheless, I made it known to her, she still has a very long road ahead of her. A good start doesn't always guarantee a good ending. And a bad start doesn't always mean a bad ending too. Most importantly to always try to be better. Once we stop doing that, that's when failure comes in. Perhaps that was a tad too serious for a 12 year old but I told her exactly that anyway. And to always remember whatever result she gets, that would be the best that Allah Bestows upon her. Something I need to keep on reminding myself at the back of my mind as well :D

And apparently she has something to tell and remind us too. Her decision and point of view. Whatever result she gets, she's staying home and will be schooling at the nearest secondary school. She feels that would be the best for her.

Having been sent to a fully boarding school when I was 12, I totally agree with her. I feel that would be the best for us.

2 comments:

  1. Kak Ti, whoever said that to you was totally inconsiderate type of person. Even anak saya nak amik exam akhir tahun pun saya dup dap dup dap, praying praying praying for Allah's help..inikan pula anak nak exam besar. To others mungkin small thing, but to me it is one of the big big thing. Siapa xnak anak berjaya kan??

    To kakak, Gud Luck!!! I bet you have done what u should do. Now, serahkan pada Allah to give what best for you. Keep on praying ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT. Like budak2 lain, dia lebih relaks dari maknya LOL! Dia pulak yang pesan 'chillax la Ummi' he he Next week exam PSRA pulak.

      Delete