Friday 20 September 2013

tabung...

They say, the ideal ratio in using up your salary is 50:30:20 of needs:wants:saving respectively. Other suggestion is 70:30:10 of spending:saving:sedekah respectively. IMHO, only you can determine your ideal ratio. As long as not 50:50 of wants:needs! I am also struggling in this aspect so ask me not for advice :P

I know some people hardly make ends meet and may Allah Bless them with abundant of rezeki. They have my respect in raising up family despite the hardship. A cleaner once came to my table where we were having lunch and asked about a Transformers figurine on the table. I have to admit, we splurged a bit on that. There was a hopefulness feeling I saw in his eyes when he said he was going to save some money to get that for his son.

And if he was saving from his meager salary, why can't us? I am reminding myself more than anyone else here :D

Anyway.

I got my boys tabung minions about a couple of months back. My boys are better spender than Kakak despite the perceived strong co-relation between female and shopping. Kakak spends her pocket money wisely, mostly on things she needs and occasionally on things she wants and she keeps the rest. Iman, on the other hand, spends almost all of his daily pocket money almost all the time. He has this splitting look from me and perhaps that spending habit comes from me as well :D

Seen above, the boys posed with their tabung minions. In minutes they filled them up 1/4 full (with coins they took from a box that I use to keep small change) Easy job ha boys?


Today masuk dalam akaun along with their duit raya. I made it a point to open up a Tabung Haji account for each child few months after their birth and do monthly salary deduction for them. Not much really. But, sikit-sikit lama-lama jadi bukit kan. Now even easier because we can do Tabung Haji transactions over the counters and ATM at Bank Islam (Bank Rakyat and Maybank as well - check it out here) And we T* staff are lucky lots coz there's a Bank Islam's branch down there at LG level.


Having done the transactions, I got a warning from Bank Islam not to mix up with non-malaysian currencies (coins) as these coins tersangkut-sangkut in their machine. Warning duly noted....

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Kita pun selalu la balik from bank dgn coins yang x boleh diterima... :P. Sebab selalu main masuk je dlm tabung asal jumpa je coin kat rumah...

    ReplyDelete