Monday 23 September 2013

Kek Nanas versi Kak Mon (Pineapple Cake)

Ingat ai punya '13 challenges?'  No?

I am supposed to make 13 things using the not-so-new-anymore Fotile oven. In March, my blog entry on that stopped at numero 6! I have been trial-and-error-ing for the past months with success and failure in arrays of muffins and cakes, beef and chicken and eventually concluded that my children like Nutella Muffin, Strawberry or Blueberry Baked Cheese Cake and Kek Nanas.

So today, my ramble will be on numero 7, Kek Nanas. An adaptation of Tropical Pineapple Cupcakes with Citrus Cream Frosting, from the recipe book Muffins and Bakes, by Parragon Books. I have reduced the recipe's fancy name into just a two-word! And lazy me make it a cake and not cupcakes and I also happily omit the frosting. The original recipes uses too much sugar to my liking and too little pineapple juice to suit our taste-bud.




Bahan pertama - loyang. It came with non-stick label but my cake got stuck nonetheless :( Please line at least the bottom with baking sheet. Here, I just lumur some marjerin at the bottom and on its sides.

- 270gm margarine
- 240gm white sugar
Beat these two ingredients until white and fluffy (I used stand mixer)


- 3 large eggs
Add one by one into sugar+margarine mixture. Beat for 1-2 minutes between eggs.

- 270 gm self raising flour
Fold into mixture using spatula, then continue to beat using mixer until well mixed.

- 1 can of pineapple (drained)
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
Add pineapple juice into mixture and beat until mixed
Switch off mixer and fold drained pineapple into mixture

Pour into baking pan. I baked mine at 160d, fan assisted, api atas bawah for about 40 minutes.

My children love this Kek Nanas. I once tried putting blended pineapple (instead of cubes) and used brown sugar (instead of white).. much to their annoyance he he. That was the first and last time la I did in such way.

The recipe also says we can use butter instead of margarine.I prefer margarine, with its hint of saltiness against the sour and sweetness.

Recommended.

4 comments:

  1. ala...mana pic end product nya?hehe mcm baca buku citer xde ending...huhu...

    mesti sedap...dah terbayang2 the juiciness of the pineapples dlm kek tu...x penah makan kek nenas nih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tu la.. x igt nak ambik gambar. time teringat kek dah habis he he. try lah k ina, simple je, takde bahan susah2 pun...

      Delete
  2. telan air liur... betul lah gambar akhirnya tak de :-) does it taste similar to pineapple turnover cake? Terasa2 kat mulut ni sedapnya pineapple turnover cake tu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) next time I'll make sure ada gamba he he. never tasted pineapple turnover but I guess similar.. pineapple turnover nenas 'outside' on top of cake kan. tis one kat dalam. yang lain mgkn butter vs margarine. the texture is very soft.

      Delete