Monday 11 March 2013

nombres quatre - Baked Blueberry Cheese Cake

Remember my 13 cooking challenges using the oven?

First being my disastrous Sausage Roll. I will redo this but am gonna cheat a bit. Am waiting for bonus to buy a bread machine :D

Second being Double Choc Cookies which, only achieved the good results after two batches were thrown away.

 Third being Bread Pudding with Pineapple Bits Sauce which I can consider a success at first attempt. Okay, you may roll you eyes now, how hard can baking a bread pudding be eh? :D But not to someone who struggles in kitchen like me.

I decided to try a baked version of cheese cake as my fourth challenge. This is my second attempt. The output was just as I had expected it. What most important is that my kids love this. Tebby is not so much of a cake person so let's leave him out of this discussion, shall we..


Oreo crumbs (I bought readymade, too malas to grind biskut) as bottom layer. Unlike chilled version, this Baked Blueberry Cheesecake lost its purple-ness. And it is brown on top. But it definately tasted better than chilled version. 

I did mine using recipe from www.bestrecipes.com.au, here. I altered it just a bit and my version is as below: -

Ingredients: -
1. Oreo crumbs (used just enough to cover the springform tin)
2. 125gm butter - melted
3. 600gm cream cheese - soften
4. 3/4 cup caster sugar
5. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6. 1/2 cup sour cream
7. Juice from 1/2 lemon
8. 2 eggs
9. 1 egg yolk
10. 2 tablespoon flour plain flour
11. Blueberry filling


Method: -
- Preheat oven to 170d
- Mix Oreo crumb with melted butter, pressed into springform tin as base. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream and lemon juice. Beat until soft.
- Add eggs and yolk one at a time.
- Add flour and continue to beat until light and pluffy.
- Add blueberry filling, beat until just mix.
- Pour into springform tin, on top of Oreo crumb base.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until top in brownish.

The result? *flips hair* *beam*

But wanna see my first attempt?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here goes.. my Gooey Wobbly Baked Blueberry Cheesecake!





No comments:

Post a Comment