Friday 1 February 2013

13 challenges - Double Choc Cookies

Selamat Hari Wilayah! Heavenly week. Cuti on Monday and later today some more :D

Went to IKEA earlier today, primarily in search of bookcases but came back with small-items-thingimagine as well! The thing about IKEA is that, you'll be surprised at the check-out counters. Just when you thought you were just buying small trinkets, kitchen towels, tablecloth, small cushions - anddddd kchiinggg at the cashier! *pengsan*

Anyway. I bought a cookie jar, among other things from IKEA. Yup A cookie jar. Just one. Enough for a beginner like me. The day before Iman flipped through my recipe book '1 Dough, 100 Cookies' (which I've bought in Jan 2010 by the way but never tried any recipe in it) and he suggested that we should do Double Choc Cookies. Remember my 13 baking challenges? I've lost track on its sequence but pretty sure there's cookie-something that I promised to bake.




First batch of cookies baking in the oven. Cut the sugar by quarter and bake for 10-12 minutes at 190d. My baking-expert friends were surprised because they never set the temperature that high! The result? Overcooked. Burnt. Hangit. Thrown away.

Second batch baked at 180d for 10 minutes. Better but still... Thrown away again.

The third and fourth were baked at 170d for 8-10 minutes. They turned out well. Just nice. Crisp on the outside and a little gooey in the center. Just they way I expected them to be. *smile*

Lesson learnt, jangan follow sebijik sebijun buku recipe. Ask around. Make full use of the internet and pakcik Gugel. And the best teacher would be - experience.



Little helpers! They ended up with all sizes and shapes. Nevermind - yang penting.. kerjasama! By the way, I divided the dough into halves. One with just choc chips. The other half, I added some almond bits.




My first jar of homemade cookies. Better be late than never eh? Finally, after almost 13 years of marriage!

My 13 challenges? 2 down, 11 more to go. Bring it on!

2 comments: