Sunday 17 February 2013

honey mustard(less) chicken drumettes

Now that we have a proper oven (as opposed the the small one that we used to have), I've been flipping recipe books, loadfullness of em, unutilized. This Periplus Step-by-Step for example, was bought yearrrssss ago! *insert cricket sound* Furthermore, I can still remember Tebby's stern warning to make the full use when we first bought it.

Drumettes!Who wouldn't love drumettes! The recipe says to use dijon mustard but all dijon mustard I've had my eyes upon has blanc vin or white wine. So omit that one out. And in absence of proper light soy-sauce and peanut oil - my version seems so asian hi hi

 Ingredients
1. About 15-20 chicken drummets
2. 2 garlic - crushed and minced finely
3. Honey
4. Oil - I used normal cooking oil cap Carrefour
5. Cili Boh
6. Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
7. Soy sauce - I used cap Kipas Udang (lemak manis)
8. Salt to taste

Marinate for at least 4 hours. I have mine marinated overnight and I shook them once or twice to make sure all properly marinated with the sauce. 

Baked at 170d for 60 minutes. Layer the tray underneath with foil to catch drippings. Else, it's gonna be hardwork to scrub it up. I turned these babies after 1/2 hour to ensure even cooking.



Voila! Honey Mustard(less) Chicken Drumettes! It was a hit that night. Next time am gonna double the portions :D

No comments:

Post a Comment