Thursday 14 February 2013

baking it, kids' style

So, how was your long break?

Mine, I took one day extra since the kids' school closed down until Wednesday so I enjoyed 4 days straight off from the office. Not that I am complaining tho hi hi.

While Tebby was in the office, I whipped up Nasi Lemok Ganu Style. Intentionally for breakfast and lunch, I cooked one whole pot of rice! Voila... Mine and kids' favorite. Since our marriage almost 13 years ago, I am more Terengganu than Tebby is, Pahang. I can eat laksa with uncooked gravy, I can stomach un-fried keropok lekor, I enjoyed myriads of traditional kuih muih. But ask my husband if he eats ikan patin in whatever form of cooking. No.

For breakfast, we all had a plateful each. For lunch I had to skip my portion to save up for Tebby's dinner. Earlier I wassap-ed him the photos of us enjoying our breakfast. His reply 'wahhh nanti malam makan nasi lemak ye? See, I am thoughtful. And a back rub will very much be appreciated too :P

My kids, I thought they'd be sleepy having stuffed themselves (like I did). Instead they opted to do keras-tangan thingy.

Hard at work. Kakak bought a pack of modelling clay months ago which she had been using with care to ensure she would utilize it to the fullest. That was partly my fault jugaklah. That pack cost me a freaking RM80.00! Ahhhh those puppy eyes she made.. I gave in with condition that she'd use it wisely. Imagine her anger when the boys wanted to join and share!

And earlier yesterday, she pow-ed me those cookie-cutters. No wonder she was so eager when told I needed to go to Carrefour .. or rather Big AEON huh? since our beras was almost finish oredi.

Hasil keras-tangan the kids. On the baking sheet are Kakak's. The rest are Iman's with an exception of that purple-yellow ball. That is Adam's. Oh ya, the clay can be baked to keep forever and if baked according to instruction, they will maintain their original color. It says bake at 130d for 15 minutes (for 1/4 inch thickness). I remember baking it the first time (which happened some months ago), the oven was 160d and I baked a butterfly for 5 minutes. My theory was, extra hot lesser time = lesser temperature longer time. Obviously it doesn't work that way. The butterfly came out with dark brown edges. Poor thing!

Those went out from the oven perfectly! All dried and hard and in their original color. Kakak made an impressive flower cookie there.

Okay Kakak, raya this year, I uli the doh, you terap the cookies k.

Note - the clay comes under the brand Sculpey Pluffy - Soft Fluffy Modelling Clay. Kakak bought hers from Art  Friend, MidValley. 


2 comments: