Tuesday 12 February 2013

sempoi lunch (but fulfilling nonetheless!)

Did not manage to go anywhere this long CNY break (with an exception of a mall visit to MidValley on Sunday though). First and foremost, Tebby's hand is not fully recovered yet. Adam had a fever and this morning, I woke up to baddd back-pain. I've been relatively well for a long time. I think the last time I felt really awful was early 2011. I had one or two asthma attack in between, but overall - I am okay. That is something I really need to thank Allah.

Anyway. Went to the clinic, had 2 ketotop pasted on my back and later popped in a celebrex. Lied down for half hour then I was all well to prepare for lunch. A simple one. Regardless how you drool over Chili's Molten Lava or gawk at Tony Roma's Lamb's Rack or savor the chicken at Popeye's, nothing beats homecooked meals. Me think the concept of air tangan has some truth to it. Mother's or father's, regardless.

Tebby helped me with Sambal Sotong Kering while I mind my Salad-ala-Kedai-Nasi-Arab :D Fried Kembong and the infamous Budu with slice of lime, cili and sliced shallots. I think the sotong kering were in the fridge for years! Time to move on ha ha. Sambal it is then! Soak in hot water to soften them up as well as to get rid of the smell.


There were aging tomatoes in the fridge. And a cucumber, almost kecut oredi. Buang biji and diced. Added with sliced cili burung and cili besar. Perah half a lemon. Added with salt and sugar to taste. Think it'll be better off with some coriander leaves. Next time maybe :D



No comments:

Post a Comment