Monday 18 February 2013

my make-ahead kids' bekal

As a working mom who live in KL (which translates into being trapped in congestion to and from, approximately 1 hour each), time is luxury. Time management is something you must be good at. 10 minutes delay hitting the road in the morning could mean 1/2 hour delay arriving in the office. Not complaining tho. There's no MV back in my hometown. Neither do they have it in Tebby's hometown :D

My most havoc session is in the morning. Apart from me-self routine (bathing - dressing up - solat), I need to ensure kids get up on time and do their routine (bathing - dressing up - solat). My elder two, they can do those on their own.  Adam, on his goody-goody mood days, he'll shower on his own (with supervision of course), dress himself up. Sans the fuss. On his moody-moody days, (insert crying, refusing to get up and fussing on almost everything, in the normal routine). On those days, it sure requires additional patience!

Anyway, one task I normally do in the morning is - preparing bekal for the kids. All them three are school-goers now. My elder two, despite being given pocket money, insist for bekal as well. Not that my cooking, (or rather just cooking up frozen tidbits ha ha) is good. Kakak for example, dislike having to queue up in the canteen, or also berebut for that matter. Iman, tho he queues up (and fights) for food in the canteen, he eats a lot and that requires bekal for him :D

Due to that, I always have frozen stocks in the fridge - cheesy nuggets, potato wedges, crinkle cut fries, drumettes and sausages are the must. But you know what they say about air tangan right? I sometimes make bekal from scratch. Last week I did Cokodok, Sausage Roll and Crabstick Roll. Adam bought a bunch of banana which the kids later refused to eat once the skin turned brownish. Cokodok it is then! And our loaf of bread was nearing expiry. Rolls it is then. To save time, I make them ahead. Next morning I can smile retrieving those from the fridge :D

Cokodok. Only 3 bananas left. I added extra flour hence the paleness :D Mixed it up with brown sugar. Next morning, goreng only. We had extra so me and Tebby munched our way to the office... 



Sausage Rolls and Crabstick Rolls. Easy peasy to make. For the Crabstick Rolls, first I rolled the crabstick in cheese (hat biasa makan dengan roti, yang square tu) then baru roll them up dalam roti.

Credit to http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/12/creative-bento-boxes-how-to-make.html
And here's what I found on the net - super-cuteness bento box! Kalau cenggini, mau nak kena bangun jam 4 pagi nak berhias bagai *pingsan!*

4 comments:

  1. best btol dpt anak2 suke makan..sy ni as mom suke sgt wat brekkie ..tp anak2 mmg dah kata tak payah bekal..so brekkie kat rumah je..kat sek derang beli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ntah tabiat sapalahhh suka makan tu *buat2 tak tau* :D ke taska pun depa bawak bekal lain sbb yang di hidang tak cukup. bukan tak cukup sebab apa, depa makan banyak!

      Delete
  2. dorang sekolah pagi kak ek? saya selalu berhajat nak bekalkan anak, tapinya dia sekolah petang, mcm kesian pula kalo bawa bekal dari pagi....ke OK je kak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kakak pagi, Iman petang. Diorang bawak yang kering2 je cam nugget, rolls, cekodok and the likes. Make sure bagi sejuk baru tutup bekas, takut basi. Kids ada request bawak nasi goreng bagai tapi takut basi pulak.

      Delete