Monday 30 September 2013

the not-so-domestic-goddess nutella muffins

One of the children's favorite - Nutella Muffin. Nutella - who wouldn't fall for its chocolate-y, hazelnut-y taste? With exception of Tebby that is.

Made these yummy Nutella Muffin last week. Easy peasy. I don't have to panjat the cabinet (you see, I am under-tall, I stand at 152cm) and bring out my electric mixer. Just bowl, whisk, spatula and spoon. And I don't have to whisk like mad, just gently do it and I can still smile like Nigella does when she's in the kitchen. Opkos lah I am nowhere near being a domestic goddess. Nigella doesn't bake in baju kelawar with hair in a bun high atop her head, does she? 

 150 gm caster sugar (I used granulated sugar for the lack of caster)
100 ml fresh milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
in a bowl, whisk these ingredients until well mixed

125 gm butter
Normally butter comes in a pack of 250 gm, just cut in half
Melt and set to cool a bit. You may want to do this first prior to everything else.
I melted mine in microwave for 2 minutes.
Then add to sugar + milk + egg mixture.

300 gm flour
2 tsp baking powder
Slowly add to mixture using a spatula until well mix but don't overdo it.

5-6 tbsp Nutella
Mix well into the mixture

By the time I am done mixing, I set the oven to 160d, fan assisted, both top and bottom heat. I know different oven needs different temperature setting. I finally conclude mine should be at 160d fan assisted and about 170d-180d without fan (after burnt cakes, muffins and whatnots and series of frustration..)

Spoon into paper cups until 1/2 or 3/4 full. Kakak helped me with the finishing. Chocolate coin and a heart on each. I might as well omit the heart next time. Those are heartless little beings. Not only they are hard, they are tasteless too..

Bake for about 12-15 minutes and here's the end product :)

Auww.. ai lebiu. This one specially for Tebby :-)

2 comments:

  1. Menarik...nak try gak laaaa..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if the girls love chocolate then they'll absolutely love these!

      Delete