Friday 18 October 2013

jemari hijau - first edition

Semangat Jemari Hijau dah menjelma semula :-) 

Kalau dulu laman sekangkang kera, now we have no laman anymore. Porch is fully tiled. Luckily, opposite rumah ada pavement, raised and tarred, about 1.5m wide. So that's my kebun now - approximately 1.5m wide x 6.7m long. Actually, my kebun tumpang. Since that area is tarred, my best option is to plant in pasu. Well, at least there is an option kan. 

Bought a lime tree 16 September 2013. Nak kata pokok besar, bukan. Nak kata anak pokok, pun bukan, it was about a little more than 1 m (I think) tall already. Beli pasu besar for RM25 and 6 packs of soil for RM1.50 each. Armed with my gardening tools and a little helper, Adam, we moved the tree from poly-bag into the pasu.


Photo taken on 23rd September. After a week.

4th October 2013 - berbunga!


About a week later... dah nampak putik. Excited!



16th October 2013. Dah nampak rupa bentuk bebuahan limau nipis.


Ada 3 bunches of bebuahan. Hope these will survive until harvest.

This one, solo.


And last weekend, me and my little helper (he's like a tail to me, di mana ada Ummi, di situ ada Adam), tried our hands at planting potatoes. I did this once long ago, all I got was the batang and daun only. Bila cabut, ada akar je.. takde ubi.

Since I have few potatoes kat dapur yang start turning to look like aliens with anak-anak ubi started growing from the induk, why not try again kan.


The big one is a russet if I am not mistaken. A very wrinkled one that is! Good for making mashed-potato but my mashed-potato project did not take off at all. For roasting and soup, I prefer the small ones like the one on the right. It has a more yellowish flesh inside. Russet is paler.

Buried these babies at approximately  4-6 inches deep. Hope to see the sprouts in a week or two. And I hope those budak-budak bulu tak memerut dalam ni. Like they did in my pasu pegaga



No comments:

Post a Comment