Friday 2 May 2014

of Adam's FITC trip & moist nutella cake

Since this year Adam is gonna be 6 (it's next week!,  May 11th!), I permitted him to join Genius Aulad's trip to Farm In The City last Monday.

He was so excited. I meant, he was super excited. We lent our ears to his anticipation (in form of oral) repeatedly for a week prior to the trip. The moment he entered my car masa jemput from taska, he mercilessly told and re-told and retold us. Much to the elder two's annoyance. By the end of last day before his trip took place, sampai aje rumah, my elder two scrambled out from the car to their safety haha.

 
In red cap. All smiles. Bus B, he said. He's been telling me that for a week already. How could I forget, young man!




For a 6yo, a trip via big bus like this was a big deal. He kept peeking out and waved at me and only stopped waving when I waved back. For half hour.

 

2:30pm. He got back and I fetched him. All smiles. Bigger ones! Adam pegang cameleon Ummi! Adam pegang iguana! Adam pegang ular! Wow, all things I'd run away from. Sejukkkkk jeee badan dia. Tadi ada kambing macam Pak Long tapi besar. Kuda pun ada. Kambing tu bila angkat makanan, nanti dia berdiri dua kaki. yada yada yada. We later picked up Iman from taska. Adam, of course related his story again. Likewise when we picked up Kakak much later afterwards. And as soon as Tebby came from work. Again.

Anyway, I made Nutella Cake last weekends. My 2nd attempt. The 1st one ended up dry and brittle. I amended the recipe by adding up some cream and got the texture I wanted.

 
 
Ingredients
100 gms butter - melted and leave to cool
200 ml whipping cream
220 gms Nutella (smallest bottle)
2 eggs
3/4 cups brown sugar
200 gms glour
1/2 cup macadamia nuts - halved
 
- Beat eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Add whipping cream and beat for another minute of two.
- Add melted butter and Nutella. Beat until well mixed.
- Add flour. Use the flat beater if you're using a mixer. Otherwise use a spatula.
- Add macadamia nuts
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in 160d, api atas bawah with fan.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment