Tuesday 22 April 2014

(tough) oven roast BBQ Beef Chunks

Remember my dinner with owh-so-fancy name? Oven Roast BBQ Beef Chunk + Potatoes?

Well, it was an epic failure. Beef chunks were hard to slice, let alone to chew and gobble up. Two important lessons: -
 
1. Sear first, then roast. To seal the juice. My beef chunks were swimming in their juice barely ½ hour in the oven, hence so keras. Coz I skipped the sear-ing process. The juice came out.
 
After half hour, macam kolam I tell you..
 

2.     Let the marketing expert do the marketing. I humbly admit Tebby does a better job in marketing tho I graduated with a major in Marketing, and he, Engineering. The beef that I bought was keras to begin with. I had hoped the chunks would go tender after the marinating process but obviously they were adamant to stay they the way they were.
 
Anyway, there’s always hikmah behind a tragedy...
1.       I muscled up my biceps from slicing exercise.
2.       My anak-anak bulu (cats laa), had two generous servings of marinated beef BBQ slices. They like it so much (I think) now they make donno only when we serve them their previously-preferred cat food.
 
After the un-eventful dinner, Tebby announced he likes dry-rub style better and that I do not have re-do and re-try this BBQ style again. Fine. Let’s just leave that to Wadihana (yums!), Tony Roma (yums!) and Chili’s (yums!).



Anyway, not to dampen your spirit. The mess was totally on me. Though I have scars on my arm from kuali panas and letupan-letupan minyak, I am still a lousy cook when it comes to certain dishes. I am sharing the recipe here with you, nonetheless. 



In red. Kuantiti - main agak-agak only.



No comments:

Post a Comment