Tuesday 8 April 2014

'fast'a pasta - baked bowties

As much as I want to be organized and systematic, there are days when I am totally unsorted, disorganized and a little chaotic. And as much as I want to eat home, there are days when we came back late and are too tired to even heat up the wok and had to rely on eating out. Bila ada peluang untuk masak di rumah, I'd jump with joy.

Last week was few of those days that I jumped with joy. I made Easy Peasy Grilled Chicken the other day and I did Baked Bowtie next day. (We rarely have rice meal with 2 or 3 accompaniments for dinner). I planned to do Cheesy Bowtie for the children. Dah alang-alang merebus pasta, baik rebus sepeket terus kan :D


Cheesy Bowtie
. They can't wait too long for dinner so I fed them this simple dinner :D For the sauce, heat up some milk on low heat. Add cheese. I used mozzarella and cheddar. No need to add salt. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and sliced grilled breakfast sausages.

I made Baked Bowtie using the remaining pasta.



Ingredients
1. 500 gm bowtie pasta (I used San Remo) - cooked in boiling water with a little salt and oil. Once done, drain.
2. 3 medium sized potato - skin off. Sliced thinly. I used potato peeler to slice.
3. 1 onion - diced
4. 1 pack minced beef (I used Ramly)
5. 2 cups fresh milk
6. 3 eggs - briefly beat
7. Salt
8. 1 330gm traditional pasta sauce (I used Prego)
9. Mozzarella & cheddar cheese

- Heat up a little oil in a pot.
- Fry onion until translucent.
- Add minced beef, stir occasionally until half cooked.
- Add sliced potatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes until potatoes soften up and beef cook through.
- Add pasta sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.

- In a separate container, mix milk, eggs and a little salt.
- Pour in the beef + potato mixture.
- Pour in bowtie pasta.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a casserole.
- Add cheese on top.
- Bake at 160d, fan on. I used only bottom heat for the first 20 minutes then changed the setting to top and bottom heat for another 10 minutes as I didn't want the top to get too crispy.

Kids love them. If you kids love pasta, they'll love this too insyaAllah.



2 comments: