Thursday 17 April 2014

twin lo(ve)afs

I am so in the mood of cooking these days. I made a weekly meal plan. Er, actually it’s just a one week plan. And I kinda like it. It made my weekly groceries shopping easier (and saves loads of time surveying from aisle to aisle) and my task in kitchen department a lot more efficient.
 
Last three night’s dinner was Wonton Noodle with Dumpling Soup. Last two nights was Oven Roast BBQ Beef Chunk + Potatoes and Roast Vege. (amboi nama macam menu kat kedai.. )
 
Once in a while I made bread and buns. Normally on weekends coz you have to have loads of patience when dealing with yeast. The shortest time I experience to proof my dough is 30 minutes. And there’s two sessions of proofing.

 
Last weekend I made two loafs – one is Pepperoni (kids are in love with this one) and another one Margarine Sugar (lesser hit but Tebby prefers this one).
 
Ingredients
1. 4 cups – bread flour
2. 2 tsb – dried yeast
3. 1 tsb - salt
4. 2 tbsp – sugar
5. 2 tbsp – margarine
6. 330 ml - warm milk
 
- Mix item 1-5 in a bowl. Add warm milk bit by bit. Dough should not stick to bowl. I kneaded (using mixer) for 10 minutes).
- Transfer into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cloth.
- Leave to proof until the size doubled (normally 30-45 minutes, sometimes an hour, depending on cuaca).
- Punch the air out and knead some more.
- Divide into two.
- Roll each into ½ cam thickness.
 
For Pepperoni Loaf
You’ll need pepperoni, grated cheese and mayo. Arrange pepperoni, layer with cheese and mayo. Roll into a loaf with seam face down.
For Margarine Sugar
You’ll need melted margarine and granulated sugar. Brush melted margarine then sprinkle with sugar. Roll into a loaf with seam face down.
 
Leave to proof once again until they double the size. Bake at 160d, api atas bawah, for 15 minutes. Leave to cool a bit before cutting.
 



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment