Tuesday 1 April 2014

easy peasy grilled chicken

My husband is being assigned new portfolios and he has long working hours. Jiwa kacau, as I put it, my kids are. Late pick-ups (from taska), take-out dinners, frequent eating-outs. We have new arrangement now, driving separately to the office (we work in the same building, previously we car-pool) so I can clock out on time to mend those little broken hearts :D ... and spread them the joy of seeing sun goes down (coz we normally pick them up after 7:30 - 8:00pm on most days) .. while their father does what a bread-winner has to do. Life sure ain't all bed of roses at all time huh?

Yesterday was the kick-off of our new arrangement. Hit the road at 6:40am (a mom has to do what she has to do to get the scarce free-parking space!) and after office, reached Cheras at 6:15pm. Had ample time to do a little shopping before picking-up kids. Kakak only gets back at 6:50pm from school and I had these images of grilled chicken for dinner. AEON Big it was then!

Rest assured, this is super easy peasy to make. And people, when I say easy peasy, it is easy peasy :D So let's..

For chicken..
Bahan-Bahan:

- 3 chicken breasts - skin off, trim fat, wash and strain but I did not pat them dry
- 4-5 tsbp olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 sprigs of rosemary - we have this beautiful rosemary growing in out little potted herbs garden so I used fresh rosemary.


1. Prick chicken breasts with a fork. All over.The oil and taste will seep through easily
2. Marinade with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and rosemary.
3. Heat a griller (I used the famous 'magic-pan' areikan my mom gave me), use high heat but do use oil as we already have olive oil marinating the chicken.
4. Grilled them up about 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness. After both side done, close the lid and lower down heat. Leave to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Set aside, let to cool a bit. Then slice


For vegetables..
Bahan-bahan
- Mushroom
- Carrot
- French beans
*Those were the things I could find suitable for grilling at AEON Big semalam but other vegetables can do as well.
- Worchestershire sauce (I used cap maggi)
- Salt
- Olive oil

1. Wash and cut vegetables
2. Marinade with olive oil and salt.
3. Heat 'magic-pan' with no oil.
4. Grilled the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
5. Dash with a bit of worcestershire sauce. Just a bit, else they will get too salty.
6. Close the 'magic-pan' lid and cook for another 2 minutes.


Verdict? Sedap. (masuk bakul angkat sendiri!)
And the beauty of this.. I used the leftover for kids' bekal. Chicken Sandwich!

Note:
I don't sell 'magic-pan', merely promoting the ease it can offer you :D


No comments:

Post a Comment