Friday 10 May 2013

of Iron Man and iron defieciency

My husband has been under lots of pressure (from just work I hope!). And when pressures are at their peak, he's very prone to acid reflux. And him skipping his lunch makes it worse.

We went to Klinik Kita about 2 weeks back and Dr Salmi insisted for a comprehensive blood test. Test for cancers included *gulp*. Tebby was supposed to go and give his blood for the test before we went balik kampung for PRU13 but he did not. Much to my annoyance. Wasn't it him that stressed the importance of keeping good health especially when you have dependents *imagine the children with their big soulful eyes*

Pinky promised (things we learn from growing children) he'd do just that (give blood) after we get back from Tgg, which is last Tuesday. (We were on forced-leave last Tuesday. There was an AGM held by the T* and we need to clear the parking space for stakeholders. Parking space is scarce even on normal working days, let alone if there's an AGM).

On Monday he hinted that we should go watch Iron Man 3 on Tuesday. I was ecstatic. It's Iron Man 3 peeps! But he didn't mention about blood test whatsoever. Either he forgot or he'd hope that I forgot :D, which I did not. Either way, before he could give me that big soulful eyes look, next thing I know, we were in the clinic :D

I am far from being a QC (queen control) (or so I thought) but a we just do what we have to do right. He needs big push when it comes to things concerning himself so I gave him that push.

Result came out yesterday.

Alhamdulillah my husband is one healthy man! Except 2 things which are not critical but need precaution. He has iron deficiency and a borderline cholesterol reading.

Dr Salmi said it's normal for certain people to have low level of iron and they can still function like normal human beings :D Since Tebby has a borderline cholesterol, let's not indulge on hati ayam and whatnots coz that will contribute to his cholesterol.

Recommended solutions: -
Exercise (which he has no problem doing)
Control the type of food he eats (errr...)
Take supplement of vitamin B Complex, Folic Acid and Fish Oil (sounds like supplements for a pregnant mom!)

By coincident, I have a bottle of Shaklee's Omega Guard in my office drawer and just bought Shaklee's B Complex with Folic Acid.

And I am putting my nurse cap on.............





After clinic, we had this.. meatballs Abang Burn Burger Bakar.
With potato wedges and loads of cheese.
Hey, am a new nurse!

-__-



Anyway, we did go and watched Iron Man 3. 
Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment