Wednesday 21 November 2012

little boy & being mom


Our little boy went on a kindy trip yesterday. After considering all the 'what-ifs' and looking at the excitement in his eyes, I decided to let him join the trip.

Prior to this, there was a trip to Desa Water Park cum small-scale sports day. I had this uneasy feeling. Rasa tak sedap hati, bak kata orang kita nih. To make it worse, Tebby has the same feeling too. Decided not to let him go was easy but to actually tell him, was a different story altogether, especially when he's been telling us about the forthcoming trip for days! Kids these days do not take 'because I tell you so' or 'you can't go, no question is entertained'. I rehearsed my justifications silently. Then I finally blurted it out, expecting the worst.

Adik, Adik nak pegi ke Desa Water Park?

Tak nak. Saya nak pegi dengan Ummi dengan Abah dengan Kakak dengan Iman. Lagi best pegi dengan Ummi dengan Abah dengan Kakak dengan Iman.

Phew!

Back to yesterday, I called up his nursery at 3.00pm. Was so relieved to get to know they have all safely arrived. True, it was a small-scale school trip. They went to kilang coklat, went tourist-y around UKM, UPM and later Putrajaya. Regardless, a mom will always be a mom. We worry.

Backtrack to my uni days. I can't imagine the worry my parents had to endure during my bus-trip to-fro my hometown to Sintok. Or during my trips with friends to Pulau Kapas, Pulau Perhentian and the likes. I guess when we were young and free, we couldn't care much even for ourselves. When we are mom then only we know how exactly a mom feels.


2 comments:

  1. farrah ~ dia kata cikgu je dapat coklat :D dia ada bawak balik jajan. taktaulah kot-kot terselit dalam tu coklat.

    ReplyDelete