Tuesday 30 April 2013

(cleansing) oil + SK-II

Abu Usaid menceritakan yang Rasulullah pernah berkata, "Makanlah minyak zaitun dan berminyaklah dengannya. Minyak zaitun berasal daripada pohon yang diberkati." Direkodkan oleh At-Tirmidzi.

You see, of late I haven't really taken care of my skin (facial included) lately although I routinely make my monthly visit to Herbaline. I develop dry skin and occasional jerry. Amoi Herbaline pun tanya why my facial skin is so dry now. Most probably due to ageing (90%), working in air-cond office during the day and later sleeping in air-cond room at night. The jerry, them scar, stay for long! Not good. Not good.

I have taken 2 steps now: -
Step 1
Incorporate one more step in facial cleansing - wash hands, wash face with tap water, massage with Tupperware's Nutri Rich Oil (Apricot Oil) or Bertolli's Olive Oil (yes, the one for cooking/salad :P), finish with Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser and then rinse off with warm water.

Step 2
Bought SK-II range (again) from Best Buy. You see, I've used its Skin Signature moisturiser. Done with a small tub, due to being gatal nak tukar, I switched to Estee Lauder (too heavy for me, and it made my skin itched) then to a cheaper version, Hada Labo (despite being a moisturizer, it dried up my skin!) I have also tried the much-talked about Safi Rania Gold but small tiny miny bumps appear on my face... And now I am back to SK-II.

And I hope I can keep up with Step 3 - ISTIQOMAHHH!


To be frank, I did not go to SK-II's counter for consultation. I did mine online, here and bought the products based on recommendations (of course after picking those suitably within my budget :D) I use SK-II's Stempower before bed and Cellumination during the day. Both absorb well with gentle massage and patting on the skin. Don't ask me if it goes well with make-up because my definition of make-up is - pressed powder and lipstick.

It's been 2 days. Too soon to be jumping about with joy (OR cry) with the result. But my facial skin is definitely not dry anymore. It feels moist, not oily. I hope the effect will last and so will my motivation :D




No comments:

Post a Comment