Wednesday 10 April 2013

of a (chicken) dinner

It is not uncommon between me and Tebby to discuss dinner, even before breakfast :D It is not uncommon to find recipe books in cars too, so we can drool while bracing the traffic :D :D

Went to my cousin's wedding last weekend. We were on the groom's side. While waiting for the whole entourage to ensemble (many cars and a bus-ful of entourage!), we flipped through this Hearty Malay recipe book (Which I purchased way back in 2009 anyway. But haven't tried any of the recipe yet :P)

Decided to try 'Ayam Kukus', with minimal ingredients and simpler (and healthier) way of cooking. The only thing that spoiled the 'healthy' concept was - I bought a big fat chicken. Loaded with lemak-ness :D It fetched almost RM18.00 for that chicken.

Coriander leaves with its roots should be there on the plate alongside with spring onion and ginger but you know how scarce things are when you do your marketing on Sunday, at 6.00pm! As you can see, Tebby had immaculately, neatly arranged those on the plate.

Btw, the big plate was bought from KK Home Deco, Ampang. I had my timing all wrong when I went to pick up Iman from PDM Ampang Hilir one day back in 2010. Wrong by an hour. To kill time I went to KK Home Deco and this, caught my eye. Love at first sight. Yeah, I am sentimental like that :D

Here's how the chicken looked after it was cooked. In the book anyway :D I did not snap any photo of ours but rest assured it looked like that :D I had bad headache and climbed into bed right after the kids had their dinner.

And since it looked (and tasted) very much like ayam in Nasi Ayam, Tebby even prepared the rice to go with this. So much so for opting a healthy dinner :D

Since it was a big fat chicken, we had it for dinner two days in a row! Even Calico had her share :D



No comments:

Post a Comment