Tuesday 9 April 2013

of throw-pillows (ideas)

photo credit to www.ikea.com.my

After giving some thoughts for quite sometime, we finally decided to get a sofa for our kozi-korner i.e. small family area downstairs. Previously, there, we had 2 tatami mats and few throw pillows that were purchased from Home's Harmony.

I had absolutely no problem with that arrangement. Maybe because I rarely spend time watching TV. On those days that I do, I'd lie down on the tatami and next thing I know Tebby woke me up. Cosy-ness! And he had some disagreement on that (on tatami arrangement and maybe on me always falling asleep on those :D)

We bought a 2-seater KIVIK last Saturday and had it delivered on Sunday evening. In Dansbo Dark Grey. I had my eyes on Teno Light Grey but scrapped the idea. Teno range is more expensive (by RM600!) and the color is prone to comotness. Well, that's just me justifying actually ha ha.

The boys are grinning from ear to ear. The sofa fits the three of them just nicely. They slump on it while I sit on the rug, folding laundry :P

However though, I think KIVIK needs new throw pillows. Something of contrast against its dark-greyish-ness. Something that stands out. Now, that doesn't sound like me. I love things monotonous, earthy, dull and boring. But, yeah, bring it on! Maybe another color won't hurt.

The domestic-goddess-ness (which hits me once in a blue moon anyway!) in me had me purchased these two fabrics yesterday :D :D

photo credit to d'amani cotton therapy

photo credit to d'amani cotton therapy

Both are of Dena Design, which I purchased online via d'Amani Cotton Therapy. Yellow-ish-ness against grey. I hope they'll turn to something like this..


 ... or this....

I just remembered our walls are painted in antique olive! Grey, green and yellow?? I hope I won't faint :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment